[MPlayer-users] firewalls needed :)

SMuelas smuelas at mecanica.upm.es
Wed Dec 19 13:26:00 CET 2001

Well, thanks A'rpi. I didn't realize it. I will contact Gabucino.

Now, this is a very serious point not related with mplayer. I have seen
in your page something extremly important for me, namely the possibility
of running protected DOS programs, 32 bits, under Linux.
I have a Fortran 90 graphical program for displaying results of Finite
Elements calculations. It has taken years to be made. I used it in "old
times" to show my students how to deal with this kind of calculations.
Nowadays, and as I was unable to implement it under Linux, I have done
some others a lot simpler, but it seems that, according with what you
say in your page, IT IS POSSIBLE to run the original one. It needs to
make use of NAG extended compiler for Fortran 90 in DOS
.
I have tried to download your *.tar.gz file of DOSrun, but it has been
impossible. Can you suggest anything?   Really, you will make a big
service to a lot of students and they will know it... As usual, my
program is totally free if you are interested   :-)
Thank you,      Santiago