[MPlayer-users] firewalls needed :)

cube at cubidou.net cube at cubidou.net
Wed Dec 19 09:18:42 CET 2001

On Wed, Dec 19, 2001 at 07:52:28AM +0100, SMuelas wrote:
> You are a hell of a guy but... yes, mplayer is great and mencoder a
> wonder. The only problem is that we are not all masochist as this nice
> "cube", and although mplayer is free the price we have to pay dealing
> with you is high.

I'm not masochist. I just know I'm using software that is in alpha stage, as
the rapid evolution of the CVS code shows. You cannot expect much support for
something that is under heavy development.

MPlayer being probably the most complete movie player around doesn't mean
developpers have to be close to the users.

Anyway, I'm asking a question to the MPlayer team : do you have an idea of
what a release version of MPlayer would be ?

If yes, then eventually you will reach that stage, and the user-friendliness
will come by itself. If not, then maybe it could be possible to make some kind
of a freeze and set up a team that would work on all the user interface and
installation problems to release a stable version that would satisfy users
who like things clean and fast, even if they doesn't support a given card or
a given codec. Something like the stable and development series of the linux
kernel.

cube

--
FTW