[MPlayer-users] mplayer fails on this AVI

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Mon Dec 17 19:38:21 CET 2001

Hi,

> the file http://mor.act.uji.es/7.avi has been obtained using head -c 8000000
> from a 700MByte file. Problems came with the large file. I use the last cvs.
> Tryied on two differnt computers. With the 7.avi file:
>
> -using "mplayer 7.avi" audio stops at second 29.3 (video continues), saying,
> for example:
>
> A:  29.3 V:  56.5 A-V:-27.211 ct: -2.676  1413/1413  13% 10%  1.0% 15 0 0%
>
> it seems that really there is no more audio in the truncated file.
yes. it's badly interleaved, audio is stored 'faster' than video.
using -ni is required (and it won't work with -bps)

> -using "mplayer -ni 7.avi" all seems to work ok, as mplayer writes on terminal
> that audio and video go ok, BUT image is stoped at second 13 (no pixels are
> sent to display), audio goes ok until second 29, and mplayer finishes.
can't reproduce. it plays fine for me, up to 29 second, then it exists.
(yes, it's may be a bug, as it exists when audio stream ends, instead of
waiting for more video - i'll check this, but this is another thing)

could you show me all details (mplayer -v output) playing back with -ni ?

maybe it's the codec which hangs at bad frame? try other codecs.
(divx/divxds/ffdivx/divx4)

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu