[MPlayer-users] Graphics Card with TV-Out supported by mplayer

daniel carter hedonist at win.co.nz
Mon Dec 17 01:01:23 CET 2001

Robert Kasunic wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I'd like to buy a new graphics card with tv out supported by
> mplayer/Linux.

If you are on an x86 box, then an NVIDIA GeForce2-MX will work.  You can
either run a standalone Xserver just on TV Out, or you can use xinerama to
have the tv-out and your CRT as one big desktop, this allows you to have
both outputs active at once, which doesn't work with the former
configuration.

Xv and opengl  is supported in either mode to take advantage of hardware
scaling etc.  If you use the xinerama configuration, i've got some patches
for mplayer that allow you to specify which screen you want the movie to
display on, and fixes the screen size detection.

-dan.