[MPlayer-users] X-Server crashes

Robert Jäschke robert-j at gmx.de
Sun Dec 16 18:33:41 CET 2001

Hello!

I'm using MPlayer for a while now and it always worked fine for me. Due to
some problems I had encountered with DIVX-Playback I used avifile/play for
DIVX and MPlayer for DVD (whicht works really great!). But now I have a
problem which I can't solve with both of these programmes.
If I try to play some certain DIVX-Files, mplayer (and aviplay too) crashes
my X-Server - but only if I try to play it with the X11/Xv or SDL (which is
based on X11/Xv XVideo-Extension AFAIK) Video-Output-Driver. With the x11
(XImage/Shm) VO-Driver it works good (except of the missing scaling).
So I have no idea, what goes wrong here and I don't always want to crash X,
to find out, if MPlayer (or aviplay) likes a certain file or not.
So I'll send you some information about the system I'm running and the
error-messages I got. It was BTW impossible for me to give you the
gdb-output because of the X crash. Maybe you can give me a hint, how to do
this.

So here you find the files, which may be interesting to you:

ftp://mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/incoming/oberon_system.log
        - describes my system
ftp://mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/incoming/oberon_xfree.log
        - the output of the X-Server
ftp://mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/incoming/oberon_mplayer.log
        - the output of MPlayer
ftp://mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/incoming/oberon_divxfile.avi
        - one of the files which produce this problem

Thanks in advance!

Robert

--
"Die letzte freie Entscheidung, die ein Feldherr treffen kann, ist es, in
einen Krieg einzutreten."