[MPlayer-users] Graphics Card with TV-Out supported by mplayer

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Sun Dec 16 16:55:09 CET 2001

Hi,

> > no. only G400, if you need tv-out.
> > but you may choose ati radeon instead, it's a way better for that.
>
> I'd really like to know more about this, but the TV-Out section
> concerning ATI in the mplayer documentation is not that extensive :-).
> Is every Card with a Radeon Chip supported just as well? Do I need I
> very fast cpu to use that feature (currently Celeron 400)?  Which card
> would you suggest?

you should choose a card with native support for its' 2D accel. and current
it's only matrox G-series (200-550) and some of radeons (Nick: all? or which
chips?). but for matrox, tv-ourt is only supported on g400, and it's a bit
hard to set up. it's easier to use for radeon, but i don't know the details,
i have only g400 and g550.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu