[MPlayer-users] Radeon frambuffer use if Radeon is not primary display? (all in one)

Brian J. Murrell 3d4f066d7c3ca3eaee1ba42cbd5b36c8 at interlinx.bc.ca
Sun Dec 16 13:37:34 CET 2001

On Sun, Dec 16, 2001 at 01:20:06PM +0300, Nick Kurshev wrote:

> Hello, Brian!

Hi Nick.

> On Sun, 16 Dec 2001 01:31:27 -0500 you wrote:

> > On Sun, Dec 16, 2001 at 01:43:41PM +1300, daniel carter wrote:
> > >
> > > Also, will the VESA BIOS be appropriatly initialised, enough for the mplayer driver, if it
> > > is not the primary head?
> >
> It depends on your BIOS only.
> Radeon's VESA makes copy of first head on second.
> > Very good question.  For some time, my TV-Out video card will not be
> > the primary display card.
> >
> Secondary head != secondary card ;)

Realizing that, I assumed that Daniel was referring to the Radeon as
not being the primary card when he referred to it not being "the
primary head".

Regardless of what Daniel meant, will a Radeon, installed as a
secondary card be initialized enough to do TV-Out if used with Mplayer
in VESA mode with radeon_vid?

b.

--
Brian J. Murrell