[MPlayer-users] Windows binary availability?

Steven M. Schultz sms at 2BSD.COM
Sat Dec 15 12:04:41 CET 2001

Greetings -

> From: Codre Adrian <codreadrian at softhome.net>
> IMHO never should be released such a think and here is my opinion why: the
> windows users are just point&click-ers and would not write a single ...

	100% agreement.   However there are others (such as myself) who chose
	to follow a different path.   I do not run linux but instead one of
	the *BSD* variants and 'mplayer' runs very nicely.

	Winbloze users are a "click&drool" crowd - no pretty picture to
	click on and they do not know what to do.

> code to help develop mplayer and make it better. I moved from windows only
> because it makes u stupid and linux make u think and just because it's a

	Du hast recht!   Ooops - english list,  You have it correct!.   M$
	wants you to "trust them" and in exchange you get lots of pretty
	pictures but no control over the system - and you remain as stupid
	as before you trusted M$ :(

winblows than let him use media player and if it likes mplayer switch to Linux

> p.s
> don't be to tough on me now plz

	Well, this is not the forum to advocate one OS over another (M$ systems
	do not count because they are nothing more than GUI game loaders ;))
	but linux is but one choice folks can make - I prefer the BSD
	flavor myself (and I am using MPlayer as I type this to watch a
	movie  - and for that I thank the developers of MPlayer for accepting
	my changes).

	Steven Schultz
	sms at 2bsd.com