[MPlayer-users] Re: Radeon frambuffer use if Radeon is not primary displThu Dec 13 01:29:45 2001

Brian J. Murrell 27e9ad54dc3b52c77091140092c40f8b at interlinx.bc.ca
Thu Dec 13 20:19:15 CET 2001

On Thu, Dec 13, 2001 at 08:16:01PM +0300, Nick Kurshev wrote:
> Hello, Brian!

Hi Nick.

> On Wed, 12 Dec 2001 18:53:10 -0500 you wrote:
>
> > Such as?  Can I buy any TV-Out capable Mach64's easily these days?  I
> > don't even particulary care to buy ATI.  Any acceptable hardware which
> > meets the requirements:
> >
> > - relatively inexpensive (i.e <= $150)
> > - supported as framebuffer device by Mplayer
> > - hardware scaling
> > - TV-Out
> > - optionally no binary drivers

> Radeon VE (~71$ in Russia)

Interesting.  Unfortunately I forgot to add one requirement:

- PCI

and it looks like the Radeon VE is only AGP.  But there is doubt as to
whether the Mplayer Radeon framebuffer support will work with PCI, so
Radeons might be out altogether.

Thanks for the input though.  Appreciated.

> Best regards! Nick

Right back atcha!

b.

--