[MPlayer-users] Re: Radeon frambuffer use if Radeon is not primary display?

Sven Hartge hartge at ds9.argh.org
Thu Dec 13 00:48:28 CET 2001

Arpi <arpi at thot.banki.hu> wrote:

->> Is anyone experiencing problems with my ISO-8859-15 charset? I'd like
->> to hear about any quirks happening.

>> The bandwidth of the PCI-Bus is enough so 1600x1200 with 24bit can be
>> transported into the video card (and a lot more is possible), so
>> there should be no problems with 720x568 at whatever color depth.

> but todays cards like matrox g series and radeons are all AGP chips.
> the PCI versions of these cards (if exists) have PCI-to-AGP bridge on
> teh card and the AGP chip... and they aren't supported under linux
> afaik.

Huh? Why shouldn't they be supported? AGP uses the PCI protocol so I
don't see any problems, besides the fact, no specs may be availible to
the open source community to provide a driver.

S°

--
BOFH excuse #440:

Cache miss - please take better aim next time