[MPlayer-users] Re: Radeon frambuffer use if Radeon is not primary display?

Sven Hartge hartge at ds9.argh.org
Wed Dec 12 20:26:25 CET 2001

"Brian J. Murrell" <27df919b1892780b197f106bd2aecf97 at interlinx.bc.ca> wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 12, 2001 at 08:10:36PM +0200, Arpi wrote:

>> Do you mean PCI version of the card (I've never heard about PCI
>> radeon)

> I was just assuming.  I have not actually looked yet.  No PCI would
> suck.  Does video streaming really need the bandwidth of the AGP but
> even if using 720x??? resolutions?

No.

All this AGP-"Mess" was only created to be able to have fast access to
texture-images located in the main memory of the PC. So, again, the
gaming fraction were the peolpe screaming for more bandwidth, not the
normal Users.

The bandwidth of the PCI-Bus is enough so 1600x1200 with 24bit can be
transported into the video card (and a lot more is possible), so there
should be no problems with 720x568 at whatever color depth.

S°

--
BOFH excuse #197:

I'm sorry a pentium won't do, you need an SGI to connect with us.