[MPlayer-users] fullscreen locks the cursor on playing screen?

Brian J. Murrell 48f8b51d1753f00c4f29a25017c2d6e5 at interlinx.bc.ca
Wed Dec 12 06:22:01 CET 2001

> r u running more X servers?

Nope, just one X server with 3 heads.  I would like to run two
xservers, one dual headed and one single but XFree does not seem to
deal well with that considering there is only one keyboard and mouse.

Ideally I would use the framebuffer feature for the TV-Out display but
with my Matrox G400, it's just to expensive in terms of tying up both
heads just to get hardware scaled TV-Out with framebuffer (any
suggestions on alternate video cards with any combination of TV-Out,
hardware scaling and framebuffer or XFree86 support welcome).

The black magic to get the Matrox hardware scaled frambuffer support
to work (run xyz on this vty then switch to another vty and run abc
then switch back to the first vty...) on a framebuffer is a bit much
too.  It needs to be drivable all from one command without having to
screw around with switching vtys using the keyboard and such.

> why do u think mplayer does it?

Well, because when I start mplayer fullscreen on a display I am unable
to move the cursor to any other screen and use another window while
mplayer plays fullscreen on the 0.2 head.  If I quit mplayer, there is
the cursor/pointer right in the middle of the 0.2 display and I can
then freely move it to other screens.

> how can u see the cursor at
> all
> when playing in fullscreen?

I can't.  That is the point.

> mplayer should hide it.

Having it hidden while on the fullscreen display is fine.  But it
should be movable to other screens (in a multihead environment) and
windows on the other screens focusable while the video continues to
play fullscreen on another display.

> ps.: next time b more specific!

What more would you have had me say?  I thought my description was
pretty concise.

b.

--
Brian J. Murrell