[MPlayer-users] AAlib kills terminal

Lasse Kärkkäinen / Tronic tronic2 at sci.fi
Tue Dec 11 21:12:25 CET 2001

>>AAlib leaves terminal broken after quiting MPlayer. How to fix that?
RB> just issue a "reset" command and everything is back to normal.

That's so painful that it definately requires - if not internal
support from MPlayer - a script. Same script could also figure out
which video-out, video-codec, etc. to use and have simple syntax like
MP video.foo [options] [additional options], where options could be a,
if I happen to want aalib or f, if I (for some weird reason) want
ffmpeg (it has worse quality than DivX4, so I don't want it for that).
Additional options would be directly passed to mplayer.

/me goes reading zsh and other manuals. Gotta hack a script.