[MPlayer-users] Broken AVI-files

Alexander Werth (gmx) alexander.werth at gmx.de
Tue Dec 11 21:04:55 CET 2001

Am Die, 2001-12-11 um 20.23 schrieb Piotr Wiejak:
> I have a broken avi-file. I start mplayer with "-idx" option, to rebuild the
> index and enable seeking. It works. But the index seems to be rebuilded only
> for one session - next time I have to rebuild it again.
> Is there any method to SAVE the rebuilded index directly into broken avi file?
No there isn't. mplayer doesn't ever write to the file.
This could either be done by a seperate avifix program or maybe this
could be done by mencoder in the future.
For now try out qtrecompress of avifile. Set it to copy the video and
audio data.
> I cannot find it in documentation and FAQ.
Maybe this could be added in the FAQ section.
Alexander Werth
--
The right to read is a battle being fought today...