[MPlayer-users] help me!! mplayer using network

Mike Melanson melanson at pcisys.net
Mon Dec 10 23:05:44 CET 2001

On Mon, 10 Dec 2001, Gabucino wrote:

> It's the Question that drives us, Manuel Mollar :
> > Any player for windows does not requires user to read even one line of help.
> M$ convinced people that the computer is just a strange TV.

	MPlayer could still stand some improvement. It would
be nice if the program could be just a little smarter in its detection and
utilization of system capabilities.

> > But xine, a linux player I feel worse than mplayer, does not need any setup, even
> > on version 0.5, and any command line options.
> But it's worse after all. (you said)

	Strange, isn't it? All these people persistently asking questions
on the MPlayer list instead of giving up and using another program can
only mean that there's something special about MPlayer...

	-Mike Melanson