[MPlayer-users] something to remark!!

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Mon Dec 10 19:41:58 CET 2001

Hi,

> i think there is a problem with the developer of the mplayer!

if you ever RTFM, you know there is no 'developer', just developers, a lot.

i think i'm the main/leader developer but i never wrote a single line
related to dxr3 code. so i won't/can't fix it.

report your problem, with as many info as possible (i strongly recommend to
RTFM bugreports.html) and wait for the fix. it won't happen in 5 minutes after
your mail... we're all busy, and we all (more or less) have job to earn money
so mplayer is only the secondary thinggy in our life!

if you need the fix in 5 mins, then do it yourself and send the patch.

btw, dxr3 code chanegs at every hour, so try cvs agin and again until it
works.

> i thought that the error is in vo_dxr3 and the problem is:undefined
> reference to `rte_init' ....
afaik dxr3 doesn't use rte from a few days ago. so you maybe use old cvs?

> so i very RTFM!!!
rtfm of what?

> so what should be the problem???????
you should rtfm how to report bugs.
and be a bit more patient.

there is only 1 (_ONE_) developer working on dxr3 code. and he's busy.
and it seems your system is broken, not our bug. others can compile it...

> please give me(us) the right MANUAL, or tell what do we need to do!!
cd DOCS
./rtfm

> thank for useable reply!
if you think this is usable...
it's usable at least the same level as your mails...

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu