[MPlayer-users] mencoder & 2-pass divx

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Sun Dec 9 14:54:54 CET 2001

Hi,

> In the doc it is said, that during the first pass of 2-pass divx4 encoding
> only some temp files are being created and the output file will later be
> written during 2nd pass. but when i run it, e.g. like this
> mencoder -ovc divx4 -oac mp3lame foo.vob -divx4opts br=1200 -lameopts
> br=192:cbr -o foo.avi -pass 1
> it directly creates foo.avi during that first pass. Why ?
it's normal. dox was buggy and has been fixed already.
it always create output file, but at first pass, if -pass 1 is sepcified, it
also generates some log file describing frame complexity.

> ------
> Compiling mencoder _without_ --disable-sse, mencoder segfaults after about
> one hour of encoding on my AMD K6-2 550, RH7.2 (right gcc version), 2.4.13.
> So what, in detail, is that sse feature for ?
RTFM DOCS/bugreports.html
it's a bug, but we need much more info to be able to fix it...
i hope you really don't use that not-liked-by-us gcc version, and have
perfect hardware.

btw. amd k6-2 has no SSE, so why do you need --disable-sse at all???

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu