[MPlayer-users] DVD problems

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Fri Dec 7 12:28:53 CET 2001

Hi,

> > Ogle uses the same version as mplayer: 2.0.1/0.9.1. Thus, libdvdcss-1.0.0 is
> > not _completely_ incompatible with my libdvdread. But I'll replace it soon,
> > and let you know about the results.
>
> Now, after installing libdvdcss-0.0.3, everything seems to work fine, and
sure.

> true enough, mplayer plays even faster than ogle, which, however, has slowed
> down a bit as a result of this replacement.

hmm. maybe ogle and mplayer uses libdvdread different way.
it has multiple levels of API, so it's possible.

someone with DVD drive and encrypted disks should look into this problem,
and trace down and fix it.

Pontscho told me that libdvdread compains about a missing function if
libdvdcss 1.0 is used, while 0.0.3 is ok.

maybe ogle doesn't use it while mplayer does.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu