[MPlayer-users] DVD problems

Daniel A. Nagy nagydani at mast.queensu.ca
Fri Dec 7 08:26:13 CET 2001

Hi,

> > The November 14, 2001 version of libdvdcss-1.0.0 might cause problems with
> > mplayer.
>
> dvdcss 1.0.0 is broken/incompatible with dvdread 0.9x. use 0.0.3 (and RTFM)

Which FM am I supposed to read? Besides, I am a little bit confused about
the version of my libdvdread. Sometimes it is referred to as 2.0.1,
sometimes as 0.9.1

> > I'm still not sure where the problem lies, since ogle works perfectly with
> > this same library, so it's not necessarily broken. Could you guys send
> and what dvdread version ogle uses?

Ogle uses the same version as mplayer: 2.0.1/0.9.1. Thus, libdvdcss-1.0.0 is
not _completely_ incompatible with my libdvdread. But I'll replace it soon,
and let you know about the results.

--
Dan