[MPlayer-users] Re: mencoder tv audio support?

Sven Hartge hartge at ds9.argh.org
Wed Dec 5 21:02:33 CET 2001

domi <dombal at freemail.hu> schrieb:

> I'd really like to use mencoder for tv recordings, since i'm unable to
> set divx bitrate with vcr (won't accept any attributes somehow) which
> works with mencoder, but i like to hear movies as well besides seeing
> them :)

This is not vcr's fault, but a long known bug of libavifile. mencoder
uses its native codec so it naturally has no problem in setting
attributes.

> So please, developer tell me a rough approximation, when will that be
> available!

Judging the message from the homepage, sometimes after the next release
and before the 1.0 release.

S!

--
Letzte Worte eines Sportlehrers: Alle Speere zu mir!