[MPlayer-users] Libmpeg2 without optimization?

Daniil V. Kolpakov dan at vsi.gov.lv
Tue Dec 4 19:44:57 CET 2001

??? ??? ????? - 4 ??????? 2001 20:01, ? Arpi ?????:
> DOCS/bugreports.html & http://gcc.gnu.org/gcc-2.96.html if you still
> have questions or problems]
>
> Hi,
>
> > Как щас помню - 4 Декабрь 2001 13:02, и Arpi
> > пишет:
>
> is it possible to avoid these lines? it fucks up vt100 terminals :(

Ok, I'll post '???'s instead.

> > > hmm. i think it's a bug. i'll fix it asap.
> > > libmpeg2 and some other parts has been updated recently for
> > > runtime cpu detection. but mencoder doesn't call cpu detect code
> > > yet...
> >
> > And how about all those slowdowns which should follow
> > CPU-autodetection?
>
> Currently it's implemented for parts where it is not critical.
> postprocessing, colorspace conversions. they are called only a few
> times per second, so it doesn't matter.
>
> some libs (mp3lib, libmpeg2, libavcodec) had runtime stuff before,
> but with hardcoded values set at compiletime.
>
> other parts are still not solved, and the above stuff is also
> optional, so people recompiling mplayer fro source will get smaller
> and faster binary.

I see.

> > Too lame to write my own MUA
>
> I'm not :)
> A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

I'm aware of ;)

In fact, when you posted your 1st message about these lines mess up the
terminal, I thought "he must be using some dumb mail client". I've
checked the headers, saw it was your own mailer, and decided not to
complain about it ;).

But probably you (I mean, your MUA) should at least replace >127 chars
with question marks?

--
Too lame to write my own MUA