[MPlayer-users] Re: incredibly slow... why ?

SMuelas smuelas at mecanica.upm.es
Tue Dec 4 14:15:51 CET 2001

On Tue, 2001-12-04 at 13:09, Sven Hartge wrote:
> [Automatic answer: RTFM (read DOCS, FAQ), also read DOCS/bugreports.html &
>  http://gcc.gnu.org/gcc-2.96.html if you still have questions or problems]
>
> Arpi <arpi at thot.banki.hu> schrieb:
>
> >> As far as I know, OSS is going to be replaced by ALSA in the 2.5/2.6
> >> linux kernel series. Let's see, what happens then.
>
> > hmm. didn't hear about it but it's an unexpected change then..
>
> I remember from the days of Kernel 2.2, that the ALSA-Project
> Sound-Drivers would be in the next stable release (what we now call
> kernel 2.4), but ALSA was not ready, so they postponed the merge for the
> 2.5/2.6 series.
>
> S!

Forget you "S" please. Your player does its job wonderfully with Alsa as
anyone using Mandrake8.1 and mplayer knows very well. Apart from that,
this is the kind of stuff that will maintain you occupied and the users
of mplayer will be able to contact between themselves, help themselves
and smile themselves without the need to put "S's" all the time ...

Smile please...