[MPlayer-users] linux: stops and continues

Manuel Mollar mm at nisu.org
Mon Dec 3 22:35:30 CET 2001

hi,

Im here again.
Using
   -framedrop and -cache 2000
mplayer still stops aprox. one time per minute, but very asincronous.
It seems not to be related to my hardware, as average cpu usage is <10%, and
other applications do not alter the behavior of mplayer (for example, a huge
compilation do not alter it).
Also, the "xine" player plays the files "correctly" because in version 0.96
its synchronization problems seem to be solved . Of course xine has other
problems: poor image quality, I cannot play several formats, it hangs when
manually jumping inside the film, etc.