[MPlayer-users] Can't frontend mplayer?

SMuelas smuelas at mecanica.upm.es
Mon Dec 3 20:07:13 CET 2001

On Mon, 2001-12-03 at 18:43, D J Hawkey Jr wrote:
> [Automatic answer: RTFM (read DOCS, FAQ), also read DOCS/bugreports.html &
>  http://gcc.gnu.org/gcc-2.96.html if you still have questions or problems]
>
> On Dec 03, at 06:28 PM, SMuelas wrote:
> >
> > Please, if you take the time to make a nice GUI to launch the program,
> > don't forget to tell me. I have enough with this absurdity of PNG thing.
>
> As in, the mplayer skins? What's wrong with the skinning implementation?

Sorry. I thought I was writing to a private address and it seems that I
was doing it directly to the mailing list!! I beg your pardon. It was
not my intention to criticize any of you in a public way for a technical
reason. I apologize ...and I maintain that mplayer is great, as I have
always say.

In some way, my "old-good-friend" Gabucino is not far from truth. I find
a problem with the "libpng" needed for your skin and the one that comes
with my distribution, RH7.2+Ximian. I have tried to rpms a newer one
without success, but now, (thanks a lot, cino) I will put a tgz on
/users/local and it will work without doubt. thanks  :-)