[MPlayer-users] Re: divx4 problem, and skins problem...

Mike Leone turgon at mike-leone.com
Mon Dec 3 15:25:24 CET 2001

>> Having no install.sh in the downloaded archive has nothing to do with my
kernel.
>> But that is probably clear. I just wanted to know if the package is
broken, which i think it is. I therefor have to place the  files manualy
>>into the right dirs, but what are the right dirs, and how do i take this
with me when i do a ./configure.

>the package isn't broken. you must copy *.so to /usr/local/lib and *.h to
/usr/local/include and it should work.

Hmm. I'll admit to being new to compiling my own linux software, but how can
copying these files to the other directories make a "./install.sh" work, if
there is no file named "install.sh" anywhere? Doesn't the ./ indicate "run
from this directory"? But the copy isn't adding any ".sh" files anywhere,
not even elsewhere in the path. I mean, I'll accept that it would solve this
guy's problem (I don't have this problem, so I can't reproduce it); I'd just
like to understand *why* it solves his problem.