[MPlayer-users] Re: Subtitles problem

SMuelas smuelas at mecanica.upm.es
Mon Dec 3 09:00:26 CET 2001

On Fri, 2001-11-30 at 03:58, Carlos Laviola wrote:
> [Automatic answer: RTFM (read DOCS, FAQ), also read DOCS/bugreports.html &
>  http://gcc.gnu.org/gcc-2.96.html if you still have questions or problems]
>
> On Thu, Nov 29, 2001 at 09:33:22PM +0100, Sven Hartge wrote:
> > Carlos Laviola <carlos at laviola.org> schrieb:
> >
> > > I've noticed a problem with MPlayer's subtitle handling. If you have a
> > > subtitle file that needs to be advanced by a certain number of seconds
> > > (mine needs to be advanced by 17 seconds) and just play the movie
> > > without seeking it forward, it will be fine. But if you do seek it
> > > forward, the subtitles all jump to another completely different spot
> > > in the movie, which kinda sucks. The subtitle is in the SubRip (.srt)
> > > format, AFAIK, and the movie is in the DivX format.

When I have this problem, I use the same SubRip program to modify the
place where the subtitles begin. It is extremely simple and I avoid the
problem for ever. (Just a suggestion... :-)
--
Santiago Muelas (Depto. de Mecánica)
http://w3.mecanica.upm.es/~smuelas
ETSI de Caminos, Canales y Puertos (U.P.M)    smuelas at mecanica.upm.es
Dr.Aranguren s/n - Ciudad Universitaria       Tf. 91 336 6659
MADRID 28040