[MPlayer-users] fli & msvidc ?

Mike Melanson melanson at pcisys.net
Sun Dec 2 17:55:35 CET 2001

On Sun, 2 Dec 2001, Arpi wrote:

> What about $SUBJ codecs? are they perfect, bugfree?
> Did someone deep tested them already?

	Perfect? Bug-free? Sure! <chuckle> <snort> Seriously, the codecs
do look pretty good. The Video-1 codec appears to work great for the
relatively small sample of files that I've tested. As I've stated before,
I'm not convinced that the problem with the "Garak's Plan" AVI is
restricted to the decoder. If it is, I think the problem would be that the
decoder is inefficient.

	As for the FLI image decoder, I've been diligent in downloading
and testing many FLI files from varying sources, which ensures they were
encoded with different programs, each with its own characteristics and
quirks. There are a few frame types I haven't yet encountered and haven't
implemented yet, though.

	Finally, as for the FLI demuxer, it could use a little
improvement. There's a small bug in the speed detection that I haven't
addressed yet. Also, it would be nice to implement some kind of seeking so
that the files could be played in a loop.

	Any other issues you know of? Thanks...
--
	-Mike Melanson