[MPlayer-users] MPlayer

David Holm dholm at telia.com
Sat Dec 1 14:10:57 CET 2001

Hi,
as most of you have noticed the latest CVS version of MPlayer has alot
of bugfixes regarding the dxr3 devices.
I have almost finished adding support for subpics, a subpic is the
format used for storing subtitles on DVD's for instance. Subpics will be
used for displaying the osd in mplayer (time, progress bar etc) as well
as subtitles when playing dvd's.

Some of you are complaining about very slow video playback (videos look
more lilke a slideshow than a movie). This is a bug I'm trying to fix
until the next CVS update, but I need some more feedback from you. If
you have such movies, could you please play them and then copy the
_entire_ output from MPlayer and send it to me. If it includes info you
don't wan't disclosed, such as porn.avi etc just remove, I'm only
interested in the tech related parts (such as resolutions, codec used, etc).

//David Holm