[Mplayer-users] distorted sound playing vobs

marpet at linuxpl.org marpet at linuxpl.org
Fri Aug 31 00:09:12 CEST 2001

On Thu, Aug 30, 2001 at 09:46:32PM +0200, Felix Buenemann wrote:
> On Thursday, 30. August 2001 20:15, marpet at linuxpl.org wrote:
> > Hi!
> >
> > I have distorted audio when playing vobs straight from
> > the directory on DVD. Video is OK (though it needs some rescaling
> > - BTW - couldn't it be automated somehow?).
> update to lastest cvs mplayer and libdvdread, it has (almost) full dvd
> support, like playing difffrent titles, angels, chapters...

I use the cvs mplayer recently (updated couple times a day)

> > No such sound problems playing other av formats.
> >
> > I use -ao sdl:esd
> hmm maybe esd driver or your soundcard doesn't support 48kHz properly, you

maybe it is some hint - I use 0.5x ALSA drivers and my card is AC97 on VIA
chipset, so rather a crap.

I'll check oss when I get some time (and disable esd).

> should try with -ao oss if possible. And make sure you enable DMA and stuff
> for your dvd rom like described in the docs.

unrelated. Same thing when playing vobs ripped onto HDD

bye

--
Marek Pętlicki <marpet at linuxpl.org>
Linux User ID=162988