[Mplayer-users] video, but no sound

Dariusz Pietrzak dariush at ajax.umcs.lublin.pl
Fri Aug 31 16:25:06 CEST 2001

> > so why do you force mplayer to use esd which is not very nice?

> What is esd? Please be more verbose, I have no clue whatsoever
killall -9 esd.
try again with -ao oss.

> about music, video streaming etc. Normally I live on lower levels.
> And what else should I use? And how should I use it?
well.. actually... you should use 'lower level' audio output like oss. esd
sits on top of your card and playis dirty tricks with it.

> > > yea. dream on...
> > now that comment I don't understand.
>
> <joke>
> Ok: you thought I was trying to watch
> 'XXX_naked_chicks_gagged_and_spanked.avi', but since I would not
> need sound if they were gagged, I would not have asked this
> question. That is why I replied with 'dream on'
> </joke>
still don't get it.
What watching movies has to do with privacy or anything?
maybe it's some communication problem.. strange.. i should be relatively
fluent with written english.

--
Dariusz Pietrzak