[Mplayer-users] Too slow playback, how to estimate speed gap?

Dariusz Pietrzak dariush at ajax.umcs.lublin.pl
Tue Aug 28 22:36:39 CEST 2001

> > that gcc has best sheduler for i686 and mplayer uses that instead of k6
> > for duron/athlon procs. Or are there any transmeta-optimising compilers?
>
> The 2.4.x kernel has an option where you can choose Crusoue as the CPU, so
> a good idea is probably to do a kernel compile with that option set and
> look at what gcc flags it uses.
Guess what? - it uses i686 for crusoe. Seems like it should go to
./configure along with uncommenting ppc stuff.

"-Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -Wno-trigraphs -O2 -fno-strict-aliasing
-fno-common -fomit-frame-pointer -pipe -mpreferred-stack-boundary=2
-march=i686 -malign-functions=0 -malign-jumps=0 -malign-loops=0
-fno-omit-frame-pointer "
d'ah. I don't undesrtand half of these options. looks like 3 years away
from c/c++ is a long time afterall.

--
Dariusz Pietrzak