[Mplayer-users] Java, Java

Lethal Weapon lethalwp at linuxbe.org
Tue Aug 28 19:44:55 CEST 2001

Hi,

Check http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/4/21285.html

Who spoke of developping java? ;)

I'd like to, but it won't be a nice idea to expose my opinion over java here,
i would make myself some ennemies ;) Why? Because i've already had (and still
have) a lot of trouble with it: they claim that it is runable on whatever
machine, whatever OS?

Some little example: when i check http://irc.wanadoo.be, using netscape 4.7x,
it works fine, but using mozilla, opera, or whatever (with java support
installed, of course, under linux, don't know for win),  the plugin doesn't
work. I still haven't find any explanation, and can't dig it further, that
only example makes me sick of it already

(Feel free to correct me if i'm wrong)

Same kind of trouble, but this time with javascript, i think, on
http://www.jedi.dyns.cx/menu.html (when the site works ;)), there should be
some menu, it works with nets4.7, and again with other newer browsers nada...

Sorry for the off-topic ;)

Greetz,
       LtWp