[Mplayer-users] Gibraltar

Christoph Lampert lampert at math.chalmers.se
Tue Aug 28 18:15:24 CEST 2001

>Ok, stop kidding.
>Btw java version is possible. Java is fast enough with JIT engines, only
>slow when interpreted runtime. Maybe we should make some native libs
>for java multimedia extensions, like mlib (for IDCT, yuv->rgb etc) :)
>Java can handle rgb surfaces and even opengl too.

Btw. have they finally come up with an option to switch off runtime-checking
(array boundaries etc.) in Java? People demanded that for a long time
(High-Performance-Java), but I never heard of it actually been accepted.

And: No native libs! That's cheating. Even I can write a Java program
that calls a native lib called "mplayer" with the correct arguments...

gruel

--
Dipl. math. Christoph Lampert (complex analysis, integral formulae)
Email: gruel at gmx.de                |     Email: lampert at math.chalmers.se