[Mplayer-users] solaris mplayer not working hard enough

Felix Buenemann atmosfear at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Aug 27 20:58:23 CEST 2001

On Monday, 27. August 2001 20:44, Raphael Clifford wrote:
> Thanks to some helpful replies I now have mplayer 20010825 wokring for
> sparc solaris 8!  Thanks alot to all the developers.
>
> Unfortunately it is reeeeeeeally slow.  This didn't surprise me until I
> noticed that the CPU is 99 percent idle.
>
> The command I am using is suggested by someone else:
>
> mplayer -vfm 5 ~/angels.avi (Charlie's angels trailer)
>
> The messages I receive are:

[snip]
> AO: [null] 44100Hz Stereo Unsigned 16-bit (Big-Endian)
> Start playing...
-ao null isn't working, if possible use the sun audio driver, dunno if it's
autodetected (-ao sun), otherwise there should be configure switch to enable
it (--enable-sunaudio).
If sun audio isn't working maybe try out with -ao sdl (needs SDLlib
installed, will be detected by configure then).
If nothing helps -nosound is your switch of choice.

--
Best Regards,
	Atmos

_____