[Mplayer-users] not playbackable MPEG file

Attila Kinali kinali at gmx.net
Sat Aug 25 20:28:19 CEST 2001

On Sat, 25 Aug 2001 19:45:10 +0200 "Johannes Feigl" <jaf.corporation at gmx.at> wrote:

> what do you think about playing simply audio files with mplayer, like
> windows media player do ?
> i think that is not so hard to make ...

mplayer is a movie player not a audio player.
do be able to use it as a audio player too would mean to add
an other unneeded feature (unneeded because there are othre
programs for this doing it a lot better)

even mplayer getting bigger and bigger we should have the
unix philosophy in mind: keeping programs simple and small,
using a lot of small programms instead of a big one.

		Attila Kinali

--
Man who sink into womans arms soon have arms in womans sink.