[Mplayer-users] new benchmarks

Bohdan Horst nexus at hoth.amu.edu.pl
Tue Aug 14 20:22:40 CEST 2001

On Tue, Aug 14, 2001 at 08:07:50PM +0200, Gabucino wrote:

> It's the Question that drives us, Bohdan Horst :
> > p.s. are there any plans to include /dev/pcaudio support ?
> > (as addition to aalib support :))) )
> MPlayer works perfectly on pc speaker (no DAC to try, but should work on it,
> too). At least with the driver in
> http://mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/incoming/pcspeaker

works with /dev/pcsp, not /dev/pcaudio :(

FreeBSD have only /dev/pcaudio  (linux can have both /dev/pcaudio and
/dev/pcsp)

/dev/pcaudio    equivalent to /dev/audio
/dev/pcsp       equivalent to /dev/dsp

> (officially the last version was for 2.4.0-test10, but I've done 2 for
> 2.4.3 and 2.4.8 .. These can't be compiled to module with soundcore compiled
> to module also, and I couldn't fix it.. Someone?)
>
> Also read documentation.html

there are only a small info about /dev/pcsp:
in MPlayer:DOCS/SOUNDCARDS:
PC Speaker or DAC:
                        OSS     : OK (new timing code?)
                        ALSA    : no driver
                        Max kHz : 6 ;) (the driver emulates 44.1 maybe more)
                        Driver  : ftp://ftp.infradead.org/pub/pcsp

best regards

--
 / irl:Bohdan 'Nexus' Horst | mailto:nexus at irc.pl | irc:Nexus \