[Mplayer-users] Problems with Romeo Must Die (DVD)

German Gomez Garcia german at piraos.com
Tue Aug 14 20:26:42 CEST 2001

	Hello,

	I've just rented Romeo Must Die DVD, and I'm having several
problems with it, first and more important I'm unable to play it
with mplayer. It seems that the vts_01_1.vob includes two trailers
before the film, and those trailers uses a strange sound codec (?)
because no player can play them from the vob, neither vlc, xine,
mplayer, xmovie or even PowerDVD in Windows. If I skip the trailers
using the "PageUP" key at the starting of the film I get correct
sound in the movie, but if not, mplayer complains with:

DEMUXER: Too many (4096 in 8264377 bytes) video packets in the buffer!
(maybe you play a non-interleaved stream/file or video codec failed)

and after that I get no sound.

	Any idea?

	- german