[Mplayer-users] I420 & YV12 support in XFree86-4.1.0

Ivan Kalvatchev iive at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 14 16:04:46 CEST 2001

Have you ever look in XFree86-4.1.0 drivers sources?
I take a look and find out that only on ati-r128, sis,
and i810, the YV12 and I420 packed pixel formats are
unpacked by hardware. Yes, the other use pure C. Yes,
matrox, voodoo B/3, nVidia, etc. have these modes by
hardware, but they are emulated. The drivers from
manufacturer sites should be OK.

More, about 3dfx driver. I wrote letter to the autor
Colin Cross, and he replyed:
>The drivers I wrote were for my Voodoo Banshee, and
possibly the Voodoo 3 (I
>should have made that a little clearer).  I don't
know what the differences
>are in capabilities between the Banshee and the 1/2,
it may just be a matter