[Mplayer-users] Subfont renderer is ready!

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Mon Aug 13 20:42:49 CEST 2001

Hi,

> > I've put your last version to the mplayer CVS, under TOOLS/, and later
> > did a lot's of speed optimization of the gaussian blur stuff.
> > (I'm on importing this code to mplayer, to create font map at runtime)
> > Did you checked that?
>
> I'll check the CVS tomorrow.
not requires :)
just commited your 1.0b version, as it has everything as mine, even better
optimized. (but i still have few ideas how to speed it up more :))

Btw I've fixed 2 bugs:
- iconv() always return -1 for me, with errno=E2BIG. i've changed it to
  check for outbytesleft!=0, instead of return==-1
- basename() doesn't clip the first '/' from the filename, so OSD maps were
  created in the root... using strrchr now.

> I also did lot of debugging, cleaning, speed optimizations and some generalizations.
> Outline thickness can be now a fractional number.
> Current gaussian blur algorithm is O(r^2). If it is not fast enough, I found another,
> O(r), which uses some characteristics of Pascal triangle.
How is it faster? I mean not the gauss matrix generation is the slow now.

About the OSD font:
could you change the progress bar symbols to be much narrower?
the width of . and | symbols should be equal to it's spacing, then it look good.
(what tool are you using for type-1 font editing? i hope not 'vi' :))
I've played a lot with chass' osd .desc file to find this.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu