[Mplayer-users] MPlayer on sparc,

Christoph Lampert lampert at math.chalmers.se
Sat Aug 11 01:56:54 CEST 2001

On Sat, 11 Aug 2001, Arpi wrote:

> Hi,
>
> > mplayer was CVS from today, libavcodec was from August 3rd (still included
> > in mplayer then)
> >
> > Only change was vc=ffdivx and ao=sun  in config-file.
> >
> > So I don't think there is a big/small endian problem with ffdivx, and if,
> > then only in the very latest version.
>
> yes, here is the problem/solution.
> you're using old version of libavcodec.
> (libavcodec in mplayer tree was about 1 month old, but i deleted a few
> days ago). current ffmpeg CVS version has lots of changes, mmx and other
> C-level optimizations may not sparc-compatible.

Actually it's not at all a problem... but you are right. Compile of
current ffmpeg just finished:

Forcing video codec: [ffdivx] drv:5 (FFmpeg DivX ;-) (MS MPEG-4 v3))
vo: X11 running at 800x600 depth: 32 ("mathsun17:201.0"
=> remote display)
libavcodec.size: 720 x 416
incorrect codes

So "somebody" broke ffdivx for Solaris into pieces.

Who's going to fix it?

gruel

P.S. I still got the old version, if anybody (Dariusz?) wants it.

--
Dipl. math. Christoph Lampert (complex analysis, integral formulae)
Email: gruel at gmx.de                |     Email: lampert at math.chalmers.se