[Mplayer-users] MPlayer on sparc,

Dariusz Pietrzak dariush at ajax.umcs.lublin.pl
Sat Aug 11 00:52:27 CEST 2001

> > I'm quite puzzeled now, is sparc supported or not?
> of course not (or maybe partially). who said it's supported?
the DOCS/SOLARIS:
1. AVI file playback works best on Solaris x86, because you have the
   option to use the win32 codecs on the x86 platform.  On Solaris SPARC,
   you'll find quite a few AVI files with non working video and/or
   audio playback, because the video/audio codecs using the win32 DLLs
   are not available.

and gruel just sent some info from which I deduce he's got it working.

> someone should make libavcodec endian-independent first.
there was some convention where people decided that 'Someone' would be an
alias for this dude. That way when anyone said 'someone should go get some
food' nobody would end up hungry since Someone would have to go and bring
the food.
 And I just saw pics from latest convention of him and his baby. I think
one of girls abused this 'Someone' idea.

--
Dariusz Pietrzak