[Mplayer-users] howto DVD rip on Linux

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Thu Aug 9 18:14:44 CEST 2001

Hi,

> A> what are the best mp3 encoders? fixed and vbr too.
> A> is 'lame' the best? or l3enc -hq still better? or maybe bladenc?
>
> I read some about quality comparation between mp3 encoders and I think lame
> is the best encoder (in the Free Soft community). Now I can't find the
> pages with the comparations...

And in general? Not only free soft...
It isn't big problem to use for example l3codeca.acm for encoding.
(afaik it's used by windows rippers)

> A> i think i'll add multiplexer, and allow to do direct-stream-copy, from
> A> single or multiple files. if it's ok, then add video encoding, using
> A> ffmpeg codecs / divx311 dll / encore? / divx4linux.
>
> I'm really anxious waiting encoding capabilities of mplayer!!! ;)

As my time is very limited, i want to add support for the best A-V codec
pair first (to be usable in "production").
Later all codec can be introduced, but it takes some time.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu