[Mplayer-users] libmpeg2 broken picture

Ivan Kalvatchev iive at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 8 22:37:49 CEST 2001

I have only one mpeg2 sample file but it does not work
well with mplayer. The file is called dd-temple.vob.
Then playing with mplayer the half image is blank and
the rest is ruined pseudo-randomly.
I can play without problems with all windows players,
and the linuxvideo player (omi,oms - livid) that uses
mpeg2dec-0.2.0 (yes this is libmpeg2).
I am sure it is not XFree86 bug. The image is
corrupted with svga, x11, xv, and png (i have
pictures). To test video output I recompress the mpeg2
to divx4 (same height and width ) and run it with
mplayer. It worked fine. So the bug seems to be in
changes made in libmpeg2 for mplayer.
There is no change when MMX optimizations are
disabled. Hhhuuh  slow.
I just played with libmpeg2/decode.c and give up when
i guess that image is drawn 16 lines per 1 slice. (i
wonder what slice mean). I was unable to track slice
in the source. Maybe the slice get cleared earlier in
"case/default", or some variable overflow. Or the "if"
in the copy_slice() is wrong (a lot of legacy code).
I didn't try the current CVS because there are changes
in vo_ and code don't always compile. (maybe now it
does:)
I have k6-200Mhz, S3Virge DX, Slackware 8
(XFree86-4.1.0, gcc-2.95.3, SDL 1.2.2,Kernel 2.4.7).
You can find the mpeg2 file and 2 png-s at
http://212.116.154.218 (please keep low traffic ~10Kb)
Ivan Kalvachev