[Mplayer-users] status of opendivx?

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Mon Aug 6 14:24:23 CEST 2001

Hi,

> on
> http://avifile.sourceforge.net/, I read:
>
> ---
>    Current development version of avifile is able to use two new codecs
> for decoding of DivX content.
>    First, it is a newly released DivX 4 codec ( to large extent written
> by yours, truly ). Unfortunately, it is only available as a binaries
> for Linux, compiled with glibc 2. Its advantage is significantly
> improved decoding performance ( with turned off postprocessing it is up
> to 30% faster than Windows 3.11 DLL ).
> ---
>
> Since the above is only available as a binary, does that mean that
> mplayer will not be able to use it?

mplayer already supports it, it was added before avifile...
(about 4 weeks ago). I also wrote a mail about it to the list.

if you have properly installed libdivxdecore and decore.h,
then configure will detect it and compile support. then use
-vc divx4 to use it. and next time please RTFM DOCS/DivX4Linux

We don't write docs in purpose to make ourself happy. We do it to avoid
these mails... please read docs before sending such mail! thx.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu