[Mplayer-users] gdb with vo null

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Mon Aug 6 01:18:56 CEST 2001

Hi,

> AO: [oss] 48000Hz Stereo Signed 16-bit (Little-Endian)
> AO: Description: OSS/ioctl audio output
> AO: Author: A'rpi
> ao2: 48000 Hz  2 chans  Signed 16-bit (Little-Endian)
> audio_setup: using '/dev/dsp' dsp device
> audio_setup: sample format: Signed 16-bit (Little-Endian) (requested: Signed
> 16-bit (Little-Endian))
> audio_setup: using 48000 Hz samplerate (requested: 48000)
> audio_setup: frags:   2/2  (65536 bytes/frag)  free: 131072
                        ^^^
Why do you use OSS emulation with alsa-0.5 ???
it's written in docs that it's broken. use -ao alsa5 or upgrade
alsa to 0.9.x, or use real OSS driver.

btw i'm sure in that your Xv driver is broken, because an user-space program
shouldn't get system crashing...  and it works with -vo null and plays
audio (with a known broken driver combination :)) without crashing.

we can't help with this, please do not flood this list with more useless logs.
contact Xfree guys, or try nvidia's binary driver or use -vo x11.
maybe your system is too fast, and the linux driver is unstable at agp 4x.
(just like my matrox g400).

> EOF code: 2
>
> Exiting... (End of file)
> max framesize was 191176 bytes
>
> Program exited with code 01.
> (gdb) bt
> No stack.
> (gdb) disass $eip-32 $eip+32
> No registers.
So, as you see, it played stream up to the end, without any crash.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu