[Mplayer-users] Fw: [fmII] Project comment added

Johannes Feigl jaf.corporation at gmx.at
Sun Aug 5 20:33:23 CEST 2001

i comment from freshmeat:

> Hi Johannes Feigl,
>
> Wm. Josiah Erikson just added a comment to your project
> MPlayer. Here's what s/he wrote:
>
> Subject: The is the coolest thing ever
> Date: 2001-08-05 14:30:02
> Body:
>
> There has never been a piece of software that has made me happier. Now I
can watch all of my DivX movies under linux... using 3% of my processor,
instead of having them skip and jump and look bad and have the sound be off
under Windows. This piece of software has, so far, performed flawlessly for
every single movie file (except rm's, but whatever - realplayer works under
linux just fine) that I've tried it with. It even plays a lot of DivX's that
don't work at all under Windows. No I have no reason at all to boot into
Windows, ever! And I'm not sure, but it really seems to be using hardware
acceleration for my TNT2...