[Mplayer-users] Problems on an Athlon

Tony Clark tclark at telia.com
Sun Aug 5 19:49:15 CEST 2001

Hang on a minute, I'll just put my flame proof suit on

I've been trying to get mplayer to run till the end of a movie on my system.
 It will run for about 10 - 20 minutes...seems to depend a bit on what
desktop I am using.  Seems to perfer gnome.  It usually crashes after taking
out in other applications that may be running at the same time.  I have even
had it screw the bios on the machine.  At least I am pretty sure it did.  It
can crash X as well but usually its just happy to crash the console it is run
from.

I've built it using gcc.2.95, 2.96, 3.0, 3.01(cvs) all with the same effect.
I've built all the other complilers apart from 2.96 using egcs.

System
K7 1200C
KT133a MB
512MB RAM