[Mplayer-users] Fast forward bug

Paul Holcomb mplayer at blue.cpoint.net
Sat Aug 4 23:48:33 CEST 2001

On Mon, Jul 30, 2001 at 03:08:55PM +0100, Stephen Davies wrote:
> >  However, when crossing 43 minutes (according to the OSD), it starts
> >  playing at the beginning of the file again.  This problem is easily
> >  repeatable with every one of these files, which are 6Mbit 720x480
> >  NTSC MPEG2 PS.
>
> It'll be because you cross the 2GB boundary.  I have a patch to add 64-bit
> offset support which I'm just finalizing to go into the CVS version.

 This patch works great for me.

 I've tested the patch with 10 or 12 MPEG2 PS files over 2GB, 1 or 2
 under 2GB, and a handful of DivX and .asf files just to make certain
 nothing bad happened to smaller files that were not MPEG2.

 Thanks Steve!

--
Paul Holcomb                               *pholcomb    \@      cpoint  net*
Sr. Network Engineer                       Counterpoint Networking, Inc.