[Mplayer-users] IRC channel

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Wed Aug 1 15:35:05 CEST 2001

Hi,

> On Wed, 1 Aug 2001 14:30:15 +0200 (CEST)
> Max Hofer <vir182 at yahoo.de> wrote:
>
> > could anyone give me the info where i can join the IRC
> > channel for da mplayer plz? thx
>
> #mplayer on OPN (ie irc.linux.com)

heh :)
i've never heard about this before :)
so, it is the unofficial irc channel _for_users_ ?

we has an #mplayer channel on IrcNet, but it is FOR DEVELOPERS ONLY.
We DON'T LIKE to see users asking silly questions there, we use it for
development discussion.

If you have any problem, read DOCS/BUGREPORTS, and write a mail to this
list. It will be read by all developers (while only a few are on irc)
and maybe other users can help better (and less rude :)) than we can.

If you have a special problem, which needs much, interactive testing or
remote debugging, etc, we'll invite you to this channel.

Please DO NOT go there telling 'it does not work. help me! help! help!'.
thanks.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu