[Mplayer-users] Known BUGS - second edition :)

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Sun Apr 29 22:12:52 CEST 2001

Hi,

> There are some known, fatal, common bug in the "IdegCounter" (v0.17a)
> release, which aren't found & fixed yet (but we are working on that).
>
> 1. SIGILL (signal 4) in draw_frame, on P3 (mostly 2.2.x kernels):
>   Problem: movups is crashing in libvo/fastmemcpy.h
>   Workaround:  ./configure --disable-fastmemcpy
>
> 2. No image (black image) in RGB 16bpp (X11, SDL etc) playing MPEG files:
>   Problem: bug(?) in MMX YV12->RGB16 converter code
>   Workaround: ./configure --disable-mmx
Note: SDL is not affected, only these: x11,dga,fbdev,svga
(others has own YV12->RGB implementation (SDL) or uses YV12 directly (Xv))

> 3. SIGILL or other fault at loading l3codeca.acm:
>   Problem: shared libs are loaded to 0x00100000 instead of 0x40000000
>   Workaround: mplayer -afm 1 ...

Please contact me if you experienced any of the above problems. We need
people to test fixes and send us as many system details information as
possible (kernel+libc+gcc+binutils version, test results, /proc/cpuinfo etc)
because they are system-dependent problems and aren't reproducable here.
Please tell me if you can fix them or you are only user.
Unfortunately we can't reproduce these here, so it's very hard to fix.

> 4. Various A-V sync probs
>   Problem: various... mostly soundcard driver or strange file.
>   Workaround: -delay, -abs, -noalsa, -bps, -ni options, +/- at runtime.
This differ from above bugs a lot. The most common reason of bad A-V sync:
- bad audio drivers (including ALSA's OSS emulation)
- slow machine (cpu or vga)
- bad file (this case you can upload the file, so we can check & fix)
- bug in mplayer code (a-v sync probs after seek... not really bug but
  my avi/asf seeking code is not perfect yet)

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu